Live4Adventure place great emphasis on safety throughout all of our activities by employing the most experienced, professional and qualified instructors and by using only the highest quality equipment.
Instructors, Qualifications & Professional Associations
Live4Adventure staff hold some of the highest of professional qualifications for the outdoors and have exceptional experience. This ensures they are able to strike the perfect balance between safety and letting the our clients have a true adventurous, developmental and fun experience. Live4Adventure staff are members of the professional associations for the qualifications they hold and are bound by the professional code of conduct of these associations.
Adventure Activities Licensing Service & LotC Quality Badge
Live4Adventure are licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Service, which is part of the HSE. Our A.A.L.S. provider number is R2303 and our license number is L13777
We also meet the very high standards set by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom and have been awarded Certificate number R2QB103561
These quality assurance indicators demonstrate that Live4Adventure has been inspected with particular attention being paid to our safety management systems with young people and
complies with nationally accepted standards of good practice in the delivery of adventure activities, with due regard to the benefits and risks of the activity. We are licenced for Climbing, Trekking and Watersport based activities.
Confirmation of our licence and further details on the licensing scheme can be sort by contacting AALS on Tel: 029 2075 5715 or by visiting website
We have been working hard to make sure that we comply with government guidelines and can create the safest environment possible for you and your group as well as our staff team.
· We will ensure every team member undergoes comprehensive training in washing hands, cleaning, hygiene, social distancing and the use of PPE
· Staff will wash hands before and after activities and sanitise between tasks where possible
· We will ensure social distancing rules are adhered to and on any occasions when the distance needs to be reduced, such as when administering first aid, a face covering and gloves will be worn
· We will split staff into dedicated work teams and keep the number of members interacting with others as low as possible
· Staff will not attend work if they, a close family member or contact displays Covid-19 symptoms
· PPE will be issued and used in accordance with latest government recommendations, including instruction on safe disposal after use
· Will be conducted in accordance with guidance issued by the Governing Bodies of sport and industry sector bodies
· We will minimise the need for participants to share equipment
· We will prevent the sharing of activity-based safety equipment if there is a risk of transmission
· We have a clearly defined disinfecting routine in place to disinfect relevant equipment and contact surfaces before, after and at pre-set intervals as defined in activity risk assessment
· Where social distancing cannot be maintained, staff and participants will follow government guidance and wear the appropriate protective equipment
The activities Live4Adventure provide are hazardous by their nature and it is important that you must accept there is a certain element of risk with your chosen course. For example the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) Participation Statement says that: The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions. All of our activities are risk assessed and continually reviewed with appropriate safety measures in place to assist in ensuring your wellbeing. All staff are trained and inducted in to company policies and procedures and follow current good practice and company operating procedures.
Parents and guardians must recognise there is a degree of risk in our activities before signing the declaration form for children under the age of 18 years.
Live4Adventure's Operating Procedures are important guidelines for our staff to follow to ensure the safe conduct of activity sessions. They are based on generic and site specific risk assessments taken from wide consultation with technical experts and staff. Our Operating Procedures are regarded as guidelines for qualified and experienced staff to use as a basis for their own dynamic risk assessment before and during the activity. Live4Adventure staff will ensure that they operate within their own ability, experience and equipment to run safe,
Live4Adventure hold public liability insurance for £5 million with Activities Industry Mutual. We do, however, recommend that all participants take out their own suitable insurance and ensure that you are covered for taking part in adventurous activities.
Your Suitability For a Course
To ensure everyone's safety as far as possible, Live4Adventure reserves the right to transfer participants to other activities if we believe they are likely to put themselves or others at unacceptable risk. It is very important that you choose the right course to suit your experience, abilities and physical fitness. If you have any doubts about your suitability for a course, please call us. Also, if you have any health condition that you think may be relevant, please let us know, in confidence, either by letter or on the booking form.